Support Wild Grasslands
People buy and sell land every day.
Let’s buy it for nature’s sake.
SPLT keeps its overhead low and depends on charitable gifts to make progress in our mission of establishing and protecting shortgrass prairie preserves.
We stretch our dollars by relying on volunteers to help with ecological restoration. There are a lot of ways you can be a part of SPLT’s efforts to gain ground for prairie wildlife:
- Raise funds to buy land. Ideas include hosting a house party, holding a garage sale, or launching a fundraising campaign on ColoradoGives.org, Facebook, or another online platform for SPLT.
- Grow ranks for the prairie. By staffing an information table at a farmer’s market, festival, or grocery store, you can help SPLT reach more supporters who will be eager to hear of our work.
- Donate your car or items for auction. Do you have an old car taking up space in your driveway? Donate it to SPLT, and we’ll turn it into preserve acres. Do you have art, furniture, or other high ticket items you’re no longer in love with? SPLT will auction them off, turning your unwanted goods into homes for prairie wildlife.
- Help out at SPLT events. We can always use more people power at our fundraisers, including our annual Celebration of the Prairie and other events we hold to raise funds. We keep our overhead as low as possible to turn donor dollars into land.
- Join in on a work party. Equal parts play and work, they include such tasks as planting willows and cottonwoods along streams, repairing or replacing fence to make our preserves more accessible to wildlife, and conducting wildlife surveys.
- Donate while shopping online. You can donate to SPLT while shopping online through Amazon Smile. The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to SPLT when you select us as the charitable organization of your choice. See Amazon Smile for more details.
- Join our mailing list. Keep in touch with the latest news from the prairie, volunteer opportunities, and events by joining our mailing list and receive our newsletter, The Grassland Gazette.
- Volunteer with SPLT. Fill out the skills and interests survey to let us know how you’d like to help gain more ground for prairie wildlife.
Have another idea for how you can help?
Let’s hear it. In whatever way you want to get involved, email us at email@example.com or 720-841-1757.
However you get involved, SPLT, and the prairie creatures and plants, thank you.